Tuesday, January 26, 2010

There be pirates!

It's not just the music and movie industries being pecked at by pirates.

Here are some confessions of a book thief at The Millions:
The Real Caterpillar: In the past month, I have uploaded approximately 50 books to the torrent site where you contacted me. I am much less active then I once was. I used to scan many books, but in the past two years I have only done a few. Between 2002-2005 I created around 200 ebooks by scanning the physical copy, OCRing and proofing the output, and uploading them to USENET. I generally only upload content that I have scanned, with some exceptions. I have been out of the book scene for a while, concentrating on rare and out of print movies instead of books because it is much easier to rip a movie from VHS or DVD than to scan and proof a book.

Read the rest
.

Thanks to Suzanne Selfors for the link.

No comments: